I have to admit, i am a bit hopeless at planning… I like this simple (slightly dry) checklist from a lean pack, so thought i would capture it. Its less about having a plan, more about understanding that you need a support and measurement structure around the plan to make it effective.
What do you need agreement on to have a plan?
- Implementation Goals : Necessary changes that you have identified to the current state
- Action Step : tasks needed to make change happen
- Responsible Person(s) : Participants in the workshop who will serve as a leader to ensure completion of a goal and or action steps
- Target(s) : Measurements indicating that a goal or action step has been achieved
- Timeline : Beginning and ending dates for the overall project and individual action steps
- Support : People who will help or provide resourses
- Review / Control Points : scheduled points during and after the implementation to review whether it went as planned and achieved the intended results