Looking into Lean, and i cant believe how closely its principals align with UX principals
5 principles of Lean thinking
- Specify Value from the perspective of the final customer
- Identify the Value Stream and eliminate every step, action, or practice that does not add value
- Make the remaining steps occur in a tight, integrated sequence so that value Flows smoothly to the customer
- Let Customers Pull products rather than push products to them
- Pursue Perfection through continuous improvement
if that’s not UX i dont know what is – not sure if value stream mapping makes you more money than UX. I might even change professions !